Wednesday, June 13, 2018

GSoC '18 with National Resource for Network Biology : GraphSpace

This year 1264 students from 62 countries around the world were selected to participate in Google Summer of Code. My proposal for GraphSpace under National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB) was accepted on April 23, 2018 and I joined the league of selected few students of GSOC.

This summer, I will be implementing GIT for Graphs for GraphSpace - an in-application version control and sharing feature under guidance of my mentors, Aditya Bharadwaj & Jing Cui.


The coding period started on May 14th, 2018 and I've made good progress so far. My 1st milestone was to implement the 'Fork'  feature in GraphSpace. Fork allows users to create a copy of a public or shared graph for themselves. I had presented the 'Fork' feature for the first evaluation, and I received good feedback from my mentors & NRNB. Currently, I'm working on the Version Control feature - and will update my blog again before the 2nd Milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment